Sunday 17 October 2010

The Beginnings


My mum taught me to sew when I was little. I have such fond memories of her sewing us   costumes and outfits we liked the looks of. Unfortunately, I grew up in the 90's so my desired outfits were a series of multicoloured tights and matching polar fleeces. The thrill of going to a fabric shop with her and picking my favourite one is undoubtedly what started my obsession with fabrics and clothes and even though it's a regular occurrence now, I still get the same giddy excitement when I enter a fabric shop that I used to then.

As a teenager, I would buy second hand dresses and alter them to fit me. Giving them a more flattering/modern style but keeping some of their vintage details. I really love the beautiful detail and elegance of vintage dresses which I find modern dresses lack, even with the current boom in vintage inspired styles. I really wish I had kept 'before' and 'after' photos of those dresses which is partly why I wanted to start this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment